The BC CEO Network received a grant from the Ministry of Social Development and Poverty Reduction to develop training for people involved in delivering Home Share services. These resources are available to all agencies funded by Community Living BC to deliver Home Share services.
Home Share Coordinators Handbook template
- The handbook has been developed as a template and should be customized to each organization’s specific organizational structure, practices, policies and terminology.
- The intent of the handbook is to support quality service across the province and is based on standards and best practices. It considers Quality of Life outcomes, Accreditation Standards and CLBC Standards for the Coordination of Shared Living.
- To receive the template, click this link to download a presentation that provides an overview of the handbook and how to customize and implement it for your organization. On the last page, there is a link to download the MS Word version of the template.
Online Modules for BC Home Share Providers:
- To make training on a wide variety of topics available to home share providers across the Province, we selected Open Future Learning as our platform, and developed some modules specifically for BC home share providers.
- These are the modules we have developed so far:
- History & Values
- Self Care
- Introduction to Indigenous Cultural Awareness
- Medications in Home Sharing
- Trauma Informed Practice & Care
- Sex & Disability
- Viruses, Colds & Flu’s
- Intro to Complex Support Needs
- Communication Skills
- Conflict Management Styles
- Active Listening
- Plus, with a subscription to Open Future Learning, you will have access to hundreds of other Open Future Learning modules.
- When you apply for the Home Share Training Grant, you will also receive:
- E-Learning Toolkit:
- Resource guide for Open Future Learning including suggested learning plan/ OFL Modules.
- OFL Admin Guide
- Open Future Learning User Management Guide
- E-Learning Toolkit:
Communications Skills for Coordinators
Coordinator Communications Skills Training
- A hybrid training program has been developed to help homeshare coordinators in their unique role of supporting independent homeshare contractors. The first sessions are scheduled for May 2023 and four more sessions are planned in 2023 in regions across BC.
- Train the Trainer Sessions planned to build sector capacity.
To Access these Resources: